Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, July 27, 2018

Friday, 27 July 2018

Today is the last day of Cass' mid-term exam, finally! Hurrah! 😁

Cass did not put in her 100% in revising for this exam, not even 30%.  I told her from the very start that she would have to be prepared to accept mediocre or even poor grades if she didn't try her best.  I don't even want to think of her grades now.  I want to enjoy my weekend before another hectic week begins.  I'll just let Cass face the music from her teachers and get an earful of unpleasant comments from certain critical relatives.  Next week is going to be an anxious week for this girl as she and her classmates get back their marked exam papers.  For now, I'll let Cass enjoy her play date cum bowling birthday party with her two besties tomorrow... with me tagging along as usual 😛

This is Cass' breakfast today ~ a Portugese egg tart and Izumio.


I'll let Cass enjoy a few workbook-free days before tuition begins with homework and all again.

Just a moment ago while on the way to fetch Alycia back from the tuition center, I had a glimpse of the super huge blood moon! It was really huge and reddish-yellowish in color.  I couldn't take a better look at the moon as I was driving. But the sight of the humongous Moon against the black backdrop of the sky was indeed a sight to behold  and Insta-worthy. If only I wasn't driving, I would have tried to steal a picture of the Moon. I didn't even know that today is the longest lunar eclipse in 100 years until Alycia told me.

The longest blood moon in 100 years is taking place today (Friday), giving stargazers and the general public the chance to see something pretty special. Starting at around 9pm on Friday 27 July, people will be able to watch the Moon turn the colour of blood red in a phenomenon that usually takes place once every few years.  Blood moons may be fairly common, but the sheer duration of this spectacle will give the best chance yet of capturing the perfect photo.




YIANNIS KOURTOGLOU / REUTERS
Happy Fri-yay peeps and have a great weekend y'all!




No comments: