Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Eve of Eve of Final Exam

Two more days to the final exam and my 'tidak apa' child is still a chill pill as always. I am nagging as usual but keep telling myself that I should leave all the exam prep to her. She's already 10 and should know how to revise and should know the consequences of not working hard for her exam. I am trying really hard not to get rip-snorting mad each time I see this chill pill of a girl burying her face in her novels instead of her revision books.

But, sigh...

This is just Cass.

Cass' Sunday School teacher told me that her sister gives 99% freedom to her kids~ no stress, no nagging and no hollering. On the eve of her niece's UPSR exam, the girl was still playing with Cass and the rest of the kids after Sunday School. No need revision. Her sister said let the kids experience failure, let them be responsible over their actions; they will one day somehow mature, study hard and work hard. Maybe I should try this?

This is going to be a  short post. I am supposed to move my butt off my chair right NOW and should instead be zooming off to fetch Alycia back from school but the thought of driving into the busy roads in town is making me lazy. The traffic jam, the hot afternoon sun, the almost one hour of traveling to and fro school. I shudder thinking of it. I. Hate. To. Be. A. Driver.

Did I tell you that I had a bad dream early this week? I dreamt that I was involved in a car accident and injured my liver. Oh. God. Please don't let this dream come true.
🙅‍♀️

And liver? This part of the body has got to do with my emotions. Yup, I should keep my anger and emotions in check!  Red flag. 

🚩

This is Cass on one of the school mornings this week, crouched on the chair and had zilch appetite to eat anything at 5:30 a.m.. I heated up just a quarter of an almond Danish pastry for her but she wasn't interested in it. She ate it anyway.  But the next day, she went to school on an empty stomach, with only half a packet of Izumio. I didn't have the mental energy and time to persuade and entice her to eat anymore.

No comments: