Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Day Out At Mid Valley / Gardens Mall - 27 November 2018

The main purpose of our shopping outing today was to get a dinner dress, both the mil and myself for a wedding dinner of our close family friend's daughter this Saturday at a hotel.  Five star hotel to be exact.  And we do not have any swank formal dress in our wardrobe to swagger for the pompous function.

After 5.5 hours, I managed to hunt down my chi chi elegant dress that all three of my critical daughters had only praises for. For the first time ever! My daughters are my most critical fashion critics. They are so ever generous with their critics on my sense of fashion with hardly any approval on what I wear, though I find them lacking in good sense of aesthetics sometimes. Well, I can't expect much approval from 3 girls who are anti-dresses and skirts, can I?

🤔

Just to side-track a bit.  The girls and I had a real good laugh two weeks ago when Alycia and Drama Queen had no choice but to go through my wardrobe to pick out a dress to wear to another wedding reception.  They can now wear my clothes and shoes. It's hilarious to see them slipping into my size XS and S dresses

😆

Anyway, back to my shopping outing.

We had lunch at Zok Noodle House at Mid Valley Megamall, a noodles eatery with a perpetual crowd each time we pass by it. This eatery is located on the third floor beneath the GSC Cinema. At Zok, you will find an authentic Hong Kong and Macau gourmet experience.  One can choose from a variety of Cantonese dishes, from congee to roast meats and springy noodles in superior soup. Each dish has been carefully prepared with the freshest ingredients.  Everyone of us enjoyed our noodles and plan to go back again to try other dishes on their menu.






Bitter gourd min xian noodles and pork belly in wine soup min xian  noodles. Both were superb with luscious great tasting soup.



Wanton noodles and pork chop noodles.





After lunch, Alycia and Drama Queen followed their grandma shopping. They always succeed in getting what they want from their grandma, thus they love following her vs. me when we go shopping.

Cass followed me and we did a little camwhoring at the Concourse area while browsing for Christmas gifts.








4.5 hours later, we had a late lunch at 3:30 p.m. at Nando's.




After we reached home at 5 p.m., the mil asked me to bring her to the nearby supermarket and we continued shopping for almost an hour for groceries!

With a total of 5.5 hours of shopping today, I gladly announce that I clocked up 9,806 steps equivalent to 7 km and burned 210 calories just from the shopping malls, woohoo!  No wonder I've been feeling terribly hungry the entire day. Shopping is indeed my favorite exercise 😁













No comments: