Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

New Osim uJolly Portable Back Massager

I bought an OSIM uJolly portable back massager exactly two years ago in February 2017.  About 1.5 months ago, this baby of mine started to act up.  She would stop short of massaging me half way into a cycle, then gets 'hang' (freezes and does not respond) and I would have to wait for 15-20 minutes to restart a cycle again only to go through the same frustrating process again.  She just wouldn't perform the entire cycle like it used to. And the skin on the leather seat was starting to thin out and peel off. I was worried sick. I can't live without this baby! 

I have sat on this massage chair every single day for the past 2 years (for more than 10 hours each day)  while she gave me short massages throughout the day, relieving me of stiff neck, lumbar pain and shoulder pain.  Whenever I felt insomniac, this baby would never fail to lull me to sleep with her gentle massages and Shiatsu taps.  I told the hubs that I had to bring my baby to the Osim outlet at Mid Valley Megamall to get it repaired before it dies out on me completely.

My bad. I've grossly overworked my baby. I let it run at least 5 cycles continuously on most days at least twice or thrice a day to soothe my overworked shoulders and back without letting her rest and cool down before the next cycle. She should have had a longer life span had I read the manual when I first bought it.  When I read the manual today, it says to let the massager rest for at least 15 minutes after each cycle, which I never did.  I am SO sorry baby for overworking you 😪😭

At the Osim outlet yesterday, I was told that upholstery of the leather seat would cost RM267.  Fixing the electronic parts of the massager would cost another few hundred Ringgit.  A ballpark figure for fixing the massager and changing the leather would be in the region of RM500 - RM600!🤑

I was told that I could get a rebate of RM400 for trading-in my faulty massager. The selling price of a new OSIM uJolly is RM1,400.  This means I only need to fork out RM1k for a new massager if I trade-in my old one.  Not bad, considering I am a heavy user of the massager. I was instantly sold.  I paid for the new massager right away without batting an eyelid! And now I have a new baby to massage my back and  shoulders again!

This time, I'm going to take very good care of my new babe, taking mental note to let her rest for 15 minutes after each cycle before starting another cycle again.









No comments: