Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, June 14, 2019

Oppo F11 Pro Review


So I finally got a new mobile phone last Saturday!  That's after my 3-year old Huawei repeatedly died on me whenever I needed it the most.  I was initially undecided on which brand of phone to get as I was very comfortable with my Huawei and didn't want to get any other brands.  In view of the current trade war that China and USA are trading, I do not want to take any chances in getting a new Huawei phone.  I had in mind to get Samsung again (I used to own one) but gosh, Samsung android phones are super expensive ~ ranges between RM2,500 - RM4,000!

Having used the Oppo F11 Pro for exactly 7 days as of today, it has become increasingly difficult to find any reasonable flaw that might deflect people from buying this device.  It's incredibly user-friendly, produces equally good photo quality as my Huawei Mate 10 and has been serving my needs very well.

The truth is that for a price of RM1,300, the F11 Pro is a device that looks and feels way more expensive. The price is almost half of what hubs paid for my old Huawei Mate 10 three years ago and its performance is pretty much the same. Well, at least that's how I feel for the past seven days.

The internals may be lacking a little in comparison to the phone’s exterior, but this is not a device that has marketed itself as a performance beast. I don't need a high performance phone anyway.  It is, as most of Oppo’s phones are, a camera-first device, and a very good example of one.  A good camera phone is what a blogger mommy's top priority is 😁

Released in March 2019, the F11 has a triple-shaded gradient at the back panel.  There is a dual-camera setup that's aligned centrally with the flash on the phone’s backside, and so is the pop-up camera on the top of the phone for purpose of selfie and wefie (I don't do selfie and wefie often though). The polished edges do not cut into my palm and also give a grippy feel.

Love the fingerprint reader feature (one of my requirements as I have to prevent the littlest brat from hijacking my phone all the time!) and this time, I scanned both my pointer fingers for ease of access.  Being a busy mom, my hands are either wet or dirty most of the time. If one hand is not accessible, I can access the phone with the other hand.

The display auto dims in the dark to not hurt my eyes. Oppo also provided a blue light filter for night-time phone browsing. Overall, this China-made device is totally up to my satisfaction.  Let's see how long it can serve me. This time, I have banned the littlest brat from downloading Roblox and Clash Royale into my phone as these two games use up quite a bit of memory.



Oppo F11 Pro


Oppo F11 Pro
Photos credit: gsmarena.com



My first food snapshot taken with my new Oppo F11 Pro ~ dad's homemade pandan kaya on a slice of sourdough jalapeno cheese toast.



My first outdoor view taken with the F11.

The F11 Pro has a 48 MP main camera and a 5 MP depth sensor, in which the latter is used only for background blurring to give DSLR-like pictures.  In this aspect, I prefer my Huawei Mate 10 camera as it has a button that I can touch on screen that gives an instant DSLR-blurring effect.  F11 Pro lacks this feature.  By default, the F11 Pro uses a technique called pixel binning to produce relatively sharp, detailed 12 MP images from that 48 MP sensor. You can change camera settings to shoot at 48 MP if you prefer.

According to the seller, F11 has superb battery life that can last for 48 hours.  I haven't tried it yet as I charge my phone every night.

Thanks to my darling for this belated birthday and mother's day gift 😍

No comments: