Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, July 12, 2019

Friday, 12 July 2019

I was a lone ranger during lunch today. I don't like eating alone at the kopitiam with no one to talk to. It feels awkward  😏 I usually have my breakfast at the kopitiam with the hubs or Sherilyn but both of them are not available today.

After dropping the mil at the hair salon, I had an hour to kill before I pick her up again. So I had a long leisurely lunch at the open-air kopitiam, sweating it out under the blazing afternoon sun having lunch alone😅
My lunch: Two pieces of stuffed bitter gourd with fish paste, 1 meat ball and 1 piece of fried lobak with curry broth.

I forgot that I'd ordered a bowl of red bean + mung bean sweet soup and later ordered a glass of milk tea. Bummer! There's no way I could chug all these down into my extremely small tummy.  I could only down half the glass of milk tea and half the bowl of bean soup and couldn't finish the meat ball. What a waste of food. That's how little food I eat at each meal. And this is another reason why I don't like to eat alone as I always share my food with my lunch partner.

After lunch, I went shopping for kuih for the SIL from Hong Kong.  This unassuming kuih stall at our neighborhood sells the best assortment of 'Hee Pan' / 'Xi Ban' and 'angku kuih' with super soft and thin skin and generous fillings that's not overly sweet. Love these sinful babies to bits!!

 

If you were to ask me to name you one of my kryptonites, it would be KUIH and I indulge in them at least once or twice a week  🤪 



No comments: