Monday, January 7, 2008
I hate the fishy taste of certain fish. One way of cooking these fish so that they do not taste fishy is to braise the fish with miso paste or fermented soya beans (tau cheong).
1) Miso paste or fermented soya beans (tau cheong)
2) Chopped garlic
3) Sliced ginger
4) Tofu pok OR tofu sheets (foo choke)
5) Spring onions
6) Chinese cooking wine
1) Pan fry fish and set aside.
2) Fry the chopped garlic and sliced ginger until fragrant.
3) Add in some miso paste or tau cheong. Fry for another 5 minutes.
4) Put in the tofu pok or tofu sheets.
5) Put the fish into the wok and add some broth or water. Add a dash of Chinese cooking wine.
6) Cover wok for 5 minutes.
7) Dish out and sprinkle some spring onions or chinese parsley over the fish.
Fish head would go very well if cooked in this method. Hubby has bought a huge fish head costing RM39 from the pasar malam last Friday and I shall braise the fish head tomorrow. I would have stopped him had I known that it is so expensive. Men always don't know how to bargain when it comes to shopping !