Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, August 7, 2009

Furious!

This is yet another post on my maid. Please don't judge me by passing unkind remarks/comments coz you have not seen what kind of person my maid is and what horrid things she can do and had done to us, especially to my kids. If you do not like to read stories about my maid, you can stop reading now.

Remember my earlier post ranting about the hubs and I facing some problems with our maid agent as the agent's former hubby screwed up our maid's application, lost her passport and did not do a host of other things? Well, I think the agent managed to fix the problem. I also mentioned that for the sake of money, we will just bear with our maid and perhaps renew her contract for another year? Well, everyone in the family have had enough of my maid's nonsense and eccentricity. She is just too stubborn and doesn't want to turn over a new leaf, despite umpteen warnings to her.

This morning just as I was entering the house after my morning jogging session, Sher kept calling me and in her birthday suit, ran out of the bathroom to greet me. The maid ran towards Sher and just when she thought I wasn't looking, she pulled a handful of Sher's hair towards her very roughly, as if she were pulling the wings of a chicken that is running.... and with an evil look on her face (which really sent goosebumps all over my body).... to prevent Sher from running and this made Sher cry out in pain. When I saw that shocking act, I yelled at my maid and guess what? This idiot vehemently and persistently denied pulling Sher's hair! How dare she deny it when I saw it with my own eyes. Our maid has a very terrible and irritating habit of denying all her wrong doings even if we saw her doing them right in front of us. The commotion woke the hubs up from his sleep. He was enraged. He told our maid to get out of the house but I stopped him as there is currently a bunch of Indon workers painting the buidling at our condo. This will only give her the opportunity to elope with one of them. He gave the maid a very good lecture and our maid still mati-mati denied pulling Sher's hair!

Yesterday, the maid almost broke my mil's blood vessel. She has a habit of saying "yah, yah, yah" to all our instructions and most times, doesn't even bother to answer us.... which really infuriates me talking to someone who doesn't respond. After my mil had given her very specific instructions not to wash the peanuts in cold water but to soak them in hot water, to which the maid said "yah, yah, yah", she turned back and washed the peanuts in cold water!

Yesterday, the maid gave me a scare and of course sent my temper hitting the roof when she yanked Baby's bib off her neck causing part of the back of Baby's neck to bleed. The skin at the back of Baby's neck got pinched by the fastener of the hard plastic bib (and the skin came off), and poor Baby wailed out in pain. Until today, Baby is still having phobia of wearing her bib.

We have all had enough of this crazy maid's wierd behaviour and stubborness. I can no longer stand hearing her yell and scold my kids the whole day long as if she were their evil stepmum. I have told her many, many times that if she continues to scold and hit them, the gals will only hate her more but she has turned a deaf ear on my advise. Now we all know why her previous employer's mil hit her. I was on the verge of pulling her hair this morning. We will be sourcing for a replacement though it would mean digging deeper into our pockets.

23 comments:

MamaJo said...

Geeee...you should get immediately replacement liao!! I never see maid behave so rude to the kids in front of the parent. How dare she is....

Anonymous said...

Since you have such a long history of bad experiences with maid, shuld consider something different to change your luck n break the bad trend.

I have 3 kids also (2, 4 and 6 yo) and a double storey house + garden (much more work than condo unit!)

I have daily part-time cleaner (many condo cleaners do hourly sessions for extra cash) clean, do laundry and wash-up after dinner. My two 2 older boys go to a teacher's house for after-school care - bath, lunch, and homework supervision. Hubby picks them up after work.

I have plenty of time to care for toddler, prepare nice meals, enjoy quiet me-time, even read books and occasionally go shopping with baby without the madness of 3 noisy, whiny, fighting kids plus annoying maid.

all in all minimum yelling and tears, plus hubby doesn't have to come back to crazy home after a hard day at the office.

After dinner we all just happily flop ourselves on the sofa or go out shopping etc.

mommy to chumsy said...

Oh my God!! She is really terrible. I've been reading about these maids and I can't understand why they like to deny each time they are caught. They think their employers are stupid? You have to really keep at eye on her, Shireen. God knows what she'll do to the kids or your food, especially after some scolding.

Mumsgather said...

You definitely need a replacement. We can still tolerate poor performance in doing household chores but ill treating the kids in the manner you have described is certainly a no no even if it means having to lose money over it.

coffeesncookies said...

Your maid really makes my blood boil. Who is she to scold your kids ? What more now, hurting them when no one's looking. You've treated her well, brought her out for meals etc. Perhaps she thinks she's indispensable! Once my maid was careless with Amber and hurt her, my hubs hit the roof and shouted at her : IF YOU BREAK MY DAUGTHER'S HAND, I'LL BREAK YOURS ! YOU WATCH OUT !!
I think she got the message then.
I know it's not nice to shout at your maid but you should put her down immediately when she scold your kids.She's just a maid, paid to work, leaving in 2 years and no strings attached thereafter.
Shireen, from now onwards, don't even let her scold your kids. Tell her it's your job to reprimand and discipline the girls, not hers !

Anonymous said...

Hi Mummy,

It saddens me to know that maid could do such to a kid. Especially causing the hurt to baby C.. which is such a young baby with tender skin.

Hope you have better luck in new helper which will be coming.

Meanwhile, watch out like a hawk towards her in case she is harbouring ill thots after being scolded.

Take care ya..

LittleLamb said...

I can understand ur situation.....
Better to let go...i'll blog my story soon.

Charmaine said...

Sorry to read about your maid problem. It's a tough one, esp treating the children (or anyone!) that way. Hope the replacement will be better.

slavemom said...

I second wat Mumgather said. Poor work, still can tolerate. Even lying, to some extend, we can still tolerate. But treating our kids badly (samo in front of us), that's a big No No. Hope u'll hv better luck with the new one.

Elaine said...

OMG..how dare she do that to your kids..pulling hair and rough handled them. Luckily she is not taking care of the kids full time and you are at home to watch over her.

a&a'smom said...

Sorry to hear this! Hope u get a good replacement soon.

ryeli said...

omg, yes, u shld replace her. how can she cause physical harm to your gals. think u have been patient enough with her.

my maid is slow and she also like to say "yah,yah, yah" but she has improved slightly after i nagged her when she does things wrongly.

i guess i am lucky my maid treats my girls (esp rye li) like queens. she wants to do everything for her and i have to stop her cause i dont want rye li to think she is being served all the time - i wont be keeping my maid when her contract ends nxt june.

maybe u can threaten you maid for the time being with her salary if she still acts so stubbornly. but seeing that she has some violent nature, maybe jst tolerate silently till her last day with u. good luck with ur new maid!

mott said...

i second all the above comments. anything to do with kids, she gets the boot.

zero tolerance for cruelty.

Leena said...

Adoi, what a horrible maid. These are the kind of maids who ended up abusing kids when their employers go to work. Good that you're with your kids all the time.
Better 'chao yao yu' her asap. If I were you, I would have given her a big slap for hitting my kids, you're already kind enough not to lift a finger.

Big Pumpkin said...

Wah! I would ave gotten the broomstick out and whacked her!!! How dare she!!!

Cynful Pleasure said...

I second what other mummies have to say.. get a change of your current maid... and hope your agent do give you a good one this time... or maybe consider those part time ones that come helping you on daily basis.. All the best.. and take care!

Linda said...

I would sent her back immediately. Intolerable. A lot of them are mad. In my hometown, there was a case where the maid burned down the house with 2 teenage kids locked inside their room while their parents were overseas, both kids did not survive.

I know a lot of mothers with 3 kids can also survive without maid. I am already maidless for the last 4 months... and don't plan to have another maid.

If I really need a helper... I think i'll follow no.2 suggestion, part time local maid.... with the agent fee that u need to pay plus the basic salary plus food n accomodation.. i think it'll work out more or less the same. No contract to tied u up...

Annie Q said...

Shireen, i can feel you! Stubborn, lying and more lying!! I think i did not blog about my maid scold my sons and she thought i didn't hear it, when i question her, she will again answer me in loud tone "NO!!!" The way she scold like i scold my sons. I told her, they are not your sons, you got no permission to scold my sons in loud tone, sometime she treat my sons rough too! Now, at least i'm happy, no more "personal maid" means maid only for my sons, now we got two maids at home, doing most house chores and cooking and one of them will help me overlook my sons when i'm at work. When i'm back home i will take over the task. Although i feel a bit tired now, some of my things like i will shower my boys now instead of asking the maid and wash my sons clothes and my own and some little tiny things. But at least i feel more happy, no more angry.

So far the new cambo maid is "doing good" and i hope she will keep her good work, and my sons like her, most important she like kids and she got patience, and now she is helping me when i'm at work. But like i said, still too early to judge her work, but so far i'm happy with her, hope no more issue from her.

Good luck & all the best on finding the new maid!! Hope you get a good one! Like what i told my sil, now really hard to find good maid. Maid good with house work and more "seng mok" but like to run away, those a bit blur and always "kek sei" you, cannot do work, but will stay and not run away. :(

Yannie said...

Shireen, I saw a video clips a few months back. It was circulated in my office through emails. It was bout a maid torturing the toddler. When I saw this type of video, my heart was broken and I felt so cold. So, please find a replacement immediately, or you can try the suggestion of the Anonymous in your comments above, about getting a part time cleaner. I didn't have maid before, and I wouldn't want any maid as well. Sorry to say that, they are sickening one.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's one maid gone bad! I agree with the rest. Change maid and don't go to the same maid agency. I feel fir you after so many bouts of useless maids.

Chinneeq said...

tot initially d girls like her? *sigh*

alicia said...

it is reli not easy to find a good maid, sigh... i wonder wen onli we do not need to rely on maid

jacss said...

seriously shireen, i would've put up a fight with my maid if she ever DARE to hurt my kids!! it's too dangerous to keep her at home, let alone allow her to handle yr kids without supervision!!
get a replacement immediately or daily part-time maid, good luck!!