Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, August 24, 2009

If Only She Would Drink From A Cup

I was at Babyland the other day to get Baby a 3-in-1 cup, i.e. a cup that comes with a spout, a straw and a teat. There were so many brands of 3-in-1 cup that I didn't know which one to buy. Initially I chose a Tommy Tippee cup and that cup was almost RM40. When I was about to pay, I changed my mind and got a Pureen cup instead, which cost way cheaper. I just had a hunch that Baby would resist using the teat, spout and straw (as I had tried in vain to feed her with those countless times) and I didn't want the expensive cup to go to waste.

I was right. When I let Baby use the cup with the straw, teat and spout, all she did was played with the cup, shoke the cup as if it was her new toy and spilled water everywhere. It was back to square one and I ended up spoon feeding her again, looooooong sigh......

5 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

Perhaps if you get her 2 chehs chehs to drink from a straw in front of her, she'll want to try it out too?

mommy to chumsy said...

Perhaps if you get her 2 chehs chehs to drink from a straw in front of her, she'll want to try it out too?

Merryn said...

Hehehhee.. baby C still needs mommy to manja her.. feed her spoon by spoon. :)

LittleLamb said...

the days while i taught philip to suck from a straw..i bought all the expensive cups around!! he did well with the cheapest 3-in-1 cup...a AUD$2 cup from Coles! funny hor... maybe the texture!

mott said...

I got pigeon's mag mag.

pretty good... no spill..(if u put all the straws properly). My lil guy is quite happy with it.

but.. babies r like that, they like the crummy stuff somehow. coz sometimes he prefers his brother's sportspout (all chewed to bits) bottles. bleargh!