Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Do you hug and kiss your spouse in front of your kids?

Just before hubby left the house for basketball today, he gave me a peck on the cheek. Alycia saw it. In the past when she was little, she would get extremely jealous whenever she sees daddy hugging or kissing mummy. She would push us and separate us and then cry. Now, as she is older and is more mature in her thinking, she would even encourage us to hug!! One time she asked me this "mummy, do you love daddy? Why do you quarel with him?" when she saw us arguing with each other.

When she saw daddy giving mummy a peck just now, she smiled shyly and then walked away. When Sherilyn came out from the bedroom, Alycia announced this loudly "just now I saw daddy kissing mummy, ahahahahah! I am going to tell all my friends in school tomorrow ahahahahah!" My maid and probably my mil heard it. That was really malu I tell yer. I immediately reprimanded her and warned her not to say it. Now, we better be careful of what we do, else our 3 little monkeys will broadcast it to the world!

Do you hug and kiss your spouse in front of your kids?

On a side note, go check out my blogshop, New And Old Stuff For Sale for more trendy ladies clothing at low price. You can now sell your own stuff, new and old at my blogshop too!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Only in front of the kids, not the in-laws.... I must be careful when my kids is around Alycia age... haha

Chris said...

Of course!! What is the big deal? In front of in-laws for sure, my own parents and even at work if he is dropping me off(rarely, I have to add!). It is extremely reassuring for kids to know that their parents love each other physically and unconditionally; this way even when u argue(not so rare I admit), they know u still love and care for each other. The impt thing is the kids realize arguing and disagreeing are part of any relationship, but then u make up and life goes on. Peck on the cheek or a hug is nothing..friends and relatives who I haven't seen in a while..we greet one another that way.
Now, being caught in bed with hubby doing the "deed", well, that is a different story!!

Yannie said...

I totally agree with Chris. Only recently, We kissed and huged in front of the kids. At first, they would have the reaction like Alycia, after a while, they would also get used to it. My kids now are quite used to it already. I didn't stay with in laws, I didn't purposely do it infront of them.

ryeli said...

yes we do, most of the times and it's not on the cheeks. ;)

funny that u brought this up, the girls are alright with kisses but not with hugs. probably coz we kiss more than we hug. just yesterday, hubby came to lie on my side on the sofa and hug me and both girls fussed esp. no. 2. she cried like i was being taken away from her. geez!

i guess telling other ppl about kissing is alright. shows that u're a loving family.

Shenny's mommy said...

I think it is ok to hug and kiss in front of kids.

Ann said...

I think its sweet!

My son when he sees daddy kiss with lips on the lips want to kiss with lips too. Which of course cannot lah....

So its a balancing game for us!!!