Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, April 30, 2010

Braised Chicken Drumsticks

My mil makes very yummy braised chicken drumsticks which my 3 girls absolutely loves! Did you know that it's really easy to make braised chicken drumsticks and no frying is involved? Just pour soy sauce, star anise, pepper corn, cloves of garlic, some ginger, sugar, rose wine, yim sai (Chinese parsley) and water into a pot, enough to cover all the chicken drumsticks or chicken wings and let them simmer in the sauce for about an hour.






When there's 'loh kai' (braised chicken), I can be rest assured to see a big grin from my 3 girls!

3 comments:

Yannie said...

My children also like loh kai that my MIL cooked one.

Chris said...

Great idea..easy to make and economical too! Mum used to keep the "loh sui" for the next batch of chicken..supposed to enhance the flavour. Bonus is the chix freezes well too.

MamaJo said...

How I wish Jona will eat like that....he ever don't know chicken got bone...haha....just imagine when his kindy teacher told me when he is 6 yrs old!!