Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Don't Like Rice But Love Chicken Rice!

Baby does not fancy eating rice too much. Her taste bud is very much similar to Sherilyn and thank God Baby eats better than Sherilyn. Baby can feed herself pretty well and she chews her food. Sherilyn still needs my mil to feed her at times, especially when it comes to eating rice with dishes. When Sherilyn was younger, she used to store her food in her mouth for the longest time before spitting them out! My mistake of blending her food until she was 3 years old.

Last week my mil cooked a very flavorful pot of chicken rice. She cooked the chicken, mushrooms and chinese sausages with sesame seed oil, a little sodium-reduced soy sauce and a little black sauce. The chicken rice wasn't too salty and I gave some to Baby to try. I thought Baby wouldn't eat the rice but I was wrong. She lurved it and polished off the whole bowl of rice with chicken and mushrooms!


Baby happily whacking her chicken rice and kombu soup.

Angels in pink.... when there's chicken rice, I am rest assured to see 3 happy, smiley faces. I wish I had a wrinkle-free and line-free face like theirs. Wrinkles are starting to sprout out around my eyes and I hope I don't have to use eye wrinkle cream soon :S

4 comments:

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

Nice photo!!! So cheerful!

P/S : The DSLR (Nikon D90)'s price has dropped as a newer model will be launched soon. You should be able to get a new set below RM3500 with the lens kit.

Linda said...

Chicken rice.. who can resist it... :) homemade somemore....

Chris said...

I love the Chinese style chicken rice too and also the Hainan version(Kee's mix is the best!). Sadly, kids don't, so learned to sub with the gwei-lo version ie tomatoes, italian seasoning, garlic, italian sausages or chicken, & parmesan cheese before serving. Can also be done in the m-wave though I'd suggest cooking the meat first on the stove.

CL said...

mmm.. my girl loves chicken rice.. she can polish off a bowl without me urging her to chew and swallow the food. In fact, all of us likes chicken rice. Her request: pair with soy milk...