Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Homecooked Dishes

Here's a meal from one of our dinners last week, all of which was cooked by my mil:

Organic brown rice cooked with organic Japanese pumpkin. This is good stuff but my girls don't know how to appreciate this yet :( They prefer plain white rice.


Braised chicken with potatoes and tomatoes. The sweet and sour taste from the tomatoes can really whet one's appetite.... this dish is really palatable, yums!


Hakka pork with wood ear fungus and dried oysters... another of our favorite dishes.


Stir-fried leek flowers with fish cake... Baby's favorite dish.


Stir-fried brinjals with XO sauce and Chinese parsley... my mil's favorite dish. My girls and I don't really fancy brinjals but I like fish paste stuffed brinjals though :)

3 comments:

coffeesncookies said...

gosh ! All of these for ONE dinner ? That's a lot and lots of effort put in. Me, I'll stick with one meat n one vege and my vege will not have meat. too much hassle.
and.. pls tell .. tomatoes n potatoes w chicken. what seasoning n sauce does yr MIL use ? oyster ? soya ? I'd like to try this dish. tomatoes n potatoes is something i always have handy.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Elaine... the chicken dish is enough for 2 dinners. The seasoning used in the tomato+potato chicken is just sea salt. It's tasty enough because of the flavorful tomatoes. My mil doesn't put a lot of seasoning for the kids' dishes. You can put a little oyster sauce though. If my mil is overseas, I will only cook 2 dishes and 1 soup :)

Leona said...

Yum... so nice to come home to such nice home cooked food everyday...