Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Healthy Wholemeal and Rye Flour Pancakes

I made my girls pancakes for lunch again, backed by popular demand! Pancakes are easy to prepare but it is very time consuming. If I don't have a helper to help me sweat it out for an hour at the hot stove, I would not have prepared them.

This time, my pancakes are pretty healthy. I used wholemeal flour, high protein flour, rye flour, ground almond, milk powder, a pinch of sea salt and 4 eggs.


My girls wanted to have their pancakes eaten with Haagen Dazs green tea ice cream, and I gave in. And so they had a sinful, decadent lunch of yummy pancakes with ice cream!

Can you guess who the impatient rascal holding her cutlery was at the background?




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how much does that tub of HD ice cream cost nowadays in KL?

coffeesncookies said...

This is healthy. protein and carbs.. I don't why it's not healthy. In fact our chow mien is worst.. refined flour, lots of oil and vege laden w pesticide.

Yannie said...

This ice-cream and pancakes lunch is sinfully delicious.

Stef Chee said...

Can share the recipe since it's SO HEALTHY!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Stef, no need recipe lar. Just mix all the ingredients that I have listed above in a big bowl. Stir until no lumps are seen. Add butter into a non-stick pan to pan fry and that's it, easy peasy. You can prepare more and deep freeze the pancakes for future consumption :)