Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, October 1, 2011

2 Tough And Busy Days

Baby has been down with fever and a bad tummy. It looks like a stomach flu. Yesterday, hubs brought Alycia and Sherilyn to stay at Double Tree Hotel to utilize the complimentary 1 night's stay at the hotel. The offer expired yesterday. It was extended for 3 months and as usual, my busy hubs only utilized it at the eleventh hour. So last night was a pretty quiet night for me as I was home alone. Baby was very sick and slept the whole day. Though the other 2 older monkeys were not at home, I did not have a peaceful time at home nor did I get a peaceful night's sleep. A mother can never sleep in peace when her child has a burning hot body. I was sponging her body practically the whole night. At one point during the day while she was sleeping on the couch, Baby was hallucinating and kept whimpering "I don't like the sticker up there", while pointing to the ceiling! This happened to Alycia too when she had high fever when she was a toddler. She told me that she saw a snowman outside the window!

After 2 very tough and busy days for me, Baby is now showing signs of recovery. Her appetite is slowly coming back but I am reminding myself not to be too happy and not to over feed her, lest all comes pouring out again. Her tummy is still recovering and must not be made to overwork. Praying hard that she can eat pretty normally again tomorrow. My pile of stock that has been lying on the floor of my living room for the past 3 days is finally cleared today. It was such an eye sore to see those mountain-high stock scattered everywhere and I did not have the time to sort them out. Now, I wish to have a relaxing and good Sunday tomorrow. Happy Sunday everyone!



Just back from school and having her lunch. Alycia hugging her life bolster and she misses her life bolster very much, after a long day at school.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Sorry to hear the little one has been sick. I think u should have gone to the hotel with the kids and left yr husb at home so he can practise being a real life daddy! U so deserve a break!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Chris, if I did that, he would call SOS all the time. And I know I won't have a peace of mind either at the hotel!

mommy to chumsy said...

I hope you had a nice day today. But then, I know you are a neat freak and won't get to enjoy until all your orders are out and not cluttering your living room :) Does Probiotic help for tummy flu?

Ann said...

Oh..pity you couldnt enjoy the hotel stay as well. But I guess kids being ill....best thing is to stay with them at home.

Glad you cleared the 'mess' :). Enjoy the rest of the week.

Charmaine said...

Hope Baby C has recovered. It's no fun for mummies when their little ones are unwell.

Little Kit Boy said...

Oh...poor baby. Hope she will fully recover very very soon.