Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Throes of Motherhood... of Kids' Exams

Alycia came home today and told me that her Science in Mandarin test paper today was very difficult. She is the type who is always tight-lipped about how she had fared in her test papers and does not like to talk much about her test papers. In fact, she does not like being asked and will get very agitated if my concern is overly shown. But thank God, she has been doing pretty well in all her exams thus far. Today, she told me that her Science test paper is so hard that she thinks she is going to fail! Sei lor, I hope she ain't going to fail!! She has never failed in any of her test papers since her pre-school days. Is it that difficult in Standard 3? I am one very anxious mommy now. I hope that my worries will be unfounded. I hope that her teachers will distribute the test papers back by this week before the start of the 1-week school term break, else I will have over 1 week to worry about her marks. And she is only in Standard 3. I will have a long, long time to worry myself old lidat!

7 comments:

Granny Stella Wong said...

No, don't think she'll fail, so don't worry. If it's difficult for her, it'll most likely be difficult for the others as well. If everyone does badly, the teachers are more worried than the parents. Something's wrong with either the teaching or setting of the exam questions. Then the marking has to be more lenient. I know coz that's what we've done before. Tell Alycia NOT to worry, try to do well in the other subjects to help pull up her overall performance. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I've stopped worrying about my kids exams. See it this way... a test is to see what they understand and what they don't. I tell my kids if they make mistakes, that's good too. Then they know where they need to work on. Instead of a stumbling block, use the stone in front of you as a stepping block. No worries!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Mum & Lian, thanks for the comforting words :)

Mumsgather said...

I don't think she will fail based on her past results. :) I don't think the kids will get their results by this week. They'll probably get it after the holidays but don't worry, just enjoy the holidays first. I agree with Lian, normally if the kids don't do well, I just tell them to learn from their mistakes.

Little Kit Boy said...

I believed this is a natural reaction of every mother when comes to kid's exam.

I think when time comes, I'll also act the same like you. Whatever, it is, relax and don't tension yourself so much, ok. I'm sure she will be doing just fine based on her past records.

Chris said...

I know it is easier said than to do, but the exam is over and there is no point belabouring it. I always just make sure the kids have put in their best effort, and the rest, don't sweat it. There will be other exams... Just be supportive of A if she is worried abt it. And I agree with others here...a mistake is not one if u learn from it and never repeat it again.

Ann said...

It's ok. Maybe she just has high expectations on herself. Reminds me of my elder sis....always say fail but in the end just loose 3-4 marks. :)