Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, April 29, 2013

Fruits Infused Water

My group of friends in Facebook have been making fruit infused water after some articles on the health benefits of drinking fruit infused water went viral in Facebook. When you see your friends making good stuff and they post pictures of their good stuff everyday (several times in a day!), you can't help getting 'infected' by the healthy virus! So I jumped on the fruit infused water bandwagon too and made a pitcher last week.

Here is my first pitcher of fruit infused water - which is a concoction of East meeting West. I used lemon grass, lime, orange and strawberry. My kids loved it and it got their wholehearted thumbs-up!


fruit-infused-26-apr.jpg

Sherilyn was so amazed with how attractive and refreshing the fruit infused water was that she begged me to prepare a tumbler for her to bring to school to next day. Yup, she really did beg me for it. I was too lazy to do it but finally gave in to her power of persuasion!

This was for Sherilyn to bring to school...


fruits-infused-tumbler-27-apr.jpg


Drinking water infused with fruits or herbs is a smart and tasty way to hydrate and cleanse your body without getting overloaded with sugar and calories. It is a great and healthy way of getting your kids to drink plain water, free from sugar and food additives. It is way better than fizzy drinks.

When I was pregnant with Sherilyn and Cass, I could not tolerate drinking plain water as I was massively nauseated during the first trimester. So I added slices of lime, lemon and strawberry into my plain water everyday and kept myself hydrated by drinking the required 8-10 glasses of plain water a day.  If you or your kids hate drinking plain water, do give this fruit infused water a try. You can have fun choosing your favorite fruits or leaves (lemon grass and mint leaves taste great) and adding them into your pitcher of water.  Depending on the ingredients you infuse, this fruit infused water offers tons of great health benefits.

2 comments:

Merryn said...

I used to add lemon, carrot and cucumber for Ethan long, long time ago but stopped now. Dun know why. Maybe I should continue this habit :D

Chris said...

Just be careful the water doesn't get warm and the fruit rots...or ferments to alcohol! Not such a bad idea! I sometimes will freeze lemon/ lime/ blueberries in ice cubes to add to water or for a jug of sangria. Can add fruits to hot fruity tea in a glass pot...looks really pretty.