Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Simplest Lunch Ever

A few days ago, I was clearing the fridge and found 2 packets of organic Japanese sweet potatoes and 2 packets of sweet corns that the mil had bought before she left for Hong Kong about 3 weeks ago.  The sweet potatoes were starting to sprout shoots and the sweet corns look like they were starting to dry up. So I told Alycia and Cass that we would have to quickly clear those stuff before they go to the bin. They had no objection to my suggestion as they are hardly served such 'simple food'.  Whoopie, that was music to my ears as I needn't have to sweat it out in the kitchen to dish up a proper meal for lunch!

Here's Alycia's very simple and very healthy whole food lunch, consisting of papaya, steamed Japanese sweet potatoes, steamed sweet corn and 2 sunny side up free range chicken eggs. 



 


By the way, this kind of meal is known as The Caveman Diet, which is also called the Paleo / Stone Age / Warrior Diet.  It is a  plan on eating plants and wild animals similar to what cavemen are presumed to have eaten around 10,000 years ago. The diet is based on the foods that could be hunted, fished, planted and gathered during the Paleolithic era -- meat, fish, shellfish, eggs, tree nuts, vegetables, roots, fruits, and berries... all eaten raw or cooked using the cavemen way.  So go figure ;)
 

4 comments:

ChloeRuoyi said...

I didn't know that this is called a caveman diet. I serve my family this kind of meals very often... Sweet potato is almost our staple with fruits as sides. Totally no processed food, not even rice!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Chloe's mum, really? Good to hear that I'm not the only health fanatic mum out there :D

Chris said...

That is not really a simple lunch. My version would be a peanut-butter and jam sandwich, soup out of a can and a piece of fruit.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Chris, I've had those lunches too. I know Alycia will not be very happy with just bread and peanut butter. She's the fussiest of the three.