Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Antique Stamps

During our recent stay at my parents in Ipoh, my mum finally exposed to the girls some of the old 'treasures' that belonged to my brothers and me.

The girls are now old enough to appreciate these 'treasures', hence my mum unlocked the 35-year old cabinet that all the hidden old 'treasures' have been kept all these years after my brothers and I left our nest.

Apart my beloved collection of pencils, Sanrio and Disney stickers and stationery items, these stamp albums were once dearly cherished by my brothers and me.

If you are 'old enough', you would have probably seen these old Malaysia stamps....
 photo stamps1_zps08a5c9fe.jpg

Cass was delighted to see such a lot of stamps!  This babe of mine seems to have a deep interest in stamps collection and has been keeping stamps that she sees from our envelopes.
 photo stamps2_zps83d57261.jpg




Do these stamps look familiar to you too? Some of these are stamps from London back in the early 1980s.

 photo stamps3_zpsb66a94db.jpg

Stamp albums aged over 30 years. Some of the stamps in the albums are dated in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s. I think our antique stamps would have probably cost a lot now!

Who wants to buy? ;)

 photo stamps4_zps2d3decb5.jpg

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my! Now you remind me of my stamp collection... which I don't know where it is now. Somewhere in my parent's house maybe. But that also dunno where. Now with modern tech, it's really hard to get kids interested in stamps, except for my maid who's collecting! :)