Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, September 18, 2017

Saturday, 16 Sept 2017

Today is the eve of Drama Queen's UPSR Chinese paper, which is the last UPSR paper for Primary 6 pupils from Chinese primary schools. For National schools, the last day of UPSR was on Friday. This girl is already feeling the big heavy sack taken off her shoulders. She's acting really nonchalant, as if her exam is already over.

After church, we had lunch at Oiso, our regular Korean restaurant opened by a Korean guy - just the girls and I. The hubs was down with food poisoning, thus hibernated at home all day.

When I got back from lunch, I started to have pangs of queasiness which got worse over time. The sight and smell of the Korean food that we doggie bagged back just made me squeamish. Drama Queen in her usual dramatic fashion pulled me aside and asked this cheekily, "err... so mum, are you pregnant?" **roll eyes**

When I got up from my siesta, I darted to the bathroom to hug the toilet bowl. Every single morsel was upchucked out with all my energy. Oh how I hate puking! And how I hate to be down with food poisoning!

Just yesterday, Cass was down with diarrhea and was feeling nauseous the whole day. She had little appetite for food except for cucumbers. When everyone went out for dinner, for once Cass said she wanted to stay home and eat nothing. After downing 2 packets of Izumio hydrogen water, 2 capsules of Super Lutein, lots of cucumbers and a cucumber + tomato + meat floss sandwich, she felt better on Sunday.

My dinner on Sunday:

Half a bowl of millet + quinoa + rice porridge cooked with dried scallops and seasoned with half a wedge of 'fu yi' (fermented bean curd).

Funnily, each time I feel nauseous, the only food that I have appetite for is fermented bean curd! I was craving for this when I was down with really bad 24 hours morning sickness when I was pregnant with Alycia.

And the culprit for causing us the food poisoning was the overnight coconut water that I kept in the fridge, bought a day earlier. It's not the first time that we drank overnight coconut water. I guess it's contaminated.

No comments: