Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Baby C’s Eczema And Cradle Cap




After 5 days on Betamethasone cream, the eczema on Baby C’s face cleared. However, the next day (6th day), the eczema / rashes started to make their reappearance. I then applied a thin layer of Hydrocortisone on her face, as advised by the paed. I am only applying the Hydrocortisone cream on her face once a day. On the parts of her face that I applied the Hydrocortisone cream, they were eczema / rash free. However, on parts that I did not apply the cream, eczema / rashes erupted. I have cut down on drinking milk myself (but have not totally stopped) and have replaced milk with sugar-free soya powder as dairy products are known to trigger eczema. I am also avoiding other food that would trigger the eczema like beef and seafood (except fish). I don’t use any soap on Baby C’s body when I bathe her, apart from the diaper area and Baby C’s hair, which I use 1 or 2 drops of Johnson’s PH 5.5 soap-free shower cream to wash and rinse with lots of water. The cradle cap on Baby C’s head has not cleared but I am not doing anything to it, though it does smell unpleasant.



Baby C's face all smooth and fair again.

7 comments:

凯妈 said...

she is so chubby!! good to heard that her face smooth and fair again...another pretty angel you have!

dumb-baker said...

Oooh...baby C is super cute!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh my...she is getting chubbier!!!!!

Anonymous said...

She's so cute and chubby.

Anonymous said...

The cradle cap really stinks, huh? Cassie is having the same problem too. Tonight I'm gonna rub some J&J Baby oil on it...and shampoo right after that. I'll be posting the regimen we are doing for Cassie. Hopefully that will help your Cassie too.

MamaJo said...

Cradle cap? It remind me of Isaac when he is a baby..he really got serious cradle cap and it is really awful and ugly!! But, thanks to my paed, that prescribe a shampoo to wash it off and from that onward, it is clear and nice. I can't remember what shampoo brand that she give

MamaJo said...

Suddenly, I remember...it is called 'Dentinox - cradle cap shampoo'....maybe, you would like to try it..can bought from pharmacy