Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Plantar Fasciitis Pain Relief

Lately I have been feeling pain on my feet, especially on the heel whenever I get up from my bed to walk in the wee hours of the morning. Sometimes I feel like an old woman because I will stagger and can’t walk at my normal pace. Nonetheless, the pain, known as Plantar Fasciitis is only momentarily and will subside after I have warmed up my feet. I heard that a night splint can gently flex the foot and toes overnight to provide pain relief in the mornings. I think the pain that I am suffering on my feet is caused by too much running.

2 comments:

Charmaine said...

You'll need to take care. Sometimes pain in the heel could also be caused by lower back pain. This happened to me a few years ago, my left heel was so painful that I could not put pressure on it. Best to get it checked out. I've been reading your blog and you do have a lot on your hands. All the best for the new year!

Anonymous said...

The cardinal sign for PF is pain in the morning. Another is pain when u lift up the toes with the heel still on the floor(=dorsiflexion). Best to do is stretch the plantar aspect and proper footwear. I notice your floors are concrete/tiles..very hard on feet. I suggest wearing supportive slippers/shoes indoors and as well outdoors. I have had to do this since we changed our floors. Not sure what is available where u are but Birkenstock has excellent sandals and Mephisto as well. Btw, my days of wearing high heels are over!!
One more thing, if the pain is really bad, take an anti-inflammatory.