Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, February 27, 2009

Maid Stories Again

My maid is another fler in the house making me blow my top everyday. Seeing how late she sleeps each night, I try to help her out in some of the chores like boiling water, washing the bathrooms, wash Baby C's utensils and I even mop the kitchen floor after I cook. Talking about cooking, she botches up a dish 9 out of 10 times, though I kept reminding her what to do and what not to do. So now I take over the cooking, everything. Today she sent me raving mad again. Seeing how slow she works, I told her that she doesn't even need to wash the laundry or fold them. She also doesn't need to iron the adults' clothes. She only needs to iron my kids' school uniform. Most of the laundry will be sent to the laundry or my hubby's staff will do it. She only needs to do baby and some of the kids' laundry. I made this decision coz last night, I caught her keeping half dried laundry and trying to fold the damp clothes. Today, again I caught her washing dirty wash cloth together with my baby's clothes, though I had reprimanded her many times never to do it.

Also, I've caught her many times putting food that I'd just cooked or just packed back into her mouth with the same spoon that she's scooping them into a bowl when she thought I wasn't looking... when everyone else hadn't eaten yet. I told her she can eat all that she wants but she has to eat properly and not eat so sneakily. Besides, it's so unhygienic to eat from the same spoon that she's using to scoop the food out into our bowls. And it's grossly bad manners too. Today she did it again when she was pouring out the fish head noodles that hubby bought.... and she kept denying it. I wanted to say "hello, what's the strand of noodles doing at the corner of your mouth?" But my throat hurt badly and I didn't want to make an issue out of this small thing. You tell me, would you be mad? I've told her umpteem times never to wash dirty wash cloth with the kids' clothes, yet she deliberatly did it and vehemently denied doing it. She thought I was born only yesterday. All these are still bearable. What I can't stand most is that she often shouts at my kids and scolds them in the exact same manner that I do to them. She even handles them very roughly to vent out her frustration. For the past 1 week, I also caught her dozing off while feeding Baby C.... with Baby C sitting on her lap! OMG... that's frigging dangerous. I had reprimanded her many times and now, no more putting Baby C on her lap when she feeds her. She even had the cheek to ask Sherilyn to 'jaga baby' and left Baby C on the room floor... and with a bath tub filled with water in the attached bathroom, while she stepped out of the room. Thank God, I saw it and reprimanded her.

If I had the money, I would have opted for another maid. I've given this maid far too many chances to change over a new leaf.

7 comments:

Mummy Moon said...

I used to have a maid with attitude problems and always denying on her mistakes and always repeats the same mistakes. End up I sent her back and I have no maid now, but we get more peaceful now.

coffeesncookies said...

Looks like she'll never change and doesn't give a care or concern for the kids and she has NO RIGHTS like you to shout at the children. I think you can still send her back for counselling, see if it works

Linda said...

sent her back. quick. before she do any further damage to you or your family.

Chinneeq said...

my maid also always 'fishing' while taking care of the babies. once i caught her sleeping while rocking them in sarong. a damp cloth was left on kor-kor's head to cool down his fever just like tat his nappy soaking wet! Poor baby!

Anonymous said...

u can try asking ur agent to "educate" your maid. or ask for an exchange.

Alicia said...

maids always give us problem dun they? its reli difficult to deal wit them

MamaJo said...

Wow, fully understand your anger...It is just like talking to 'transparent' wall....sometimes, we might think maid will at least ease our burden, but, sometimes, it end up, 'driving' our life shorter.....