Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Homecooked Dishes

Though super busy with my online store, I sill cook for my kids - twice a day and I find it very taxing and time consuming. Though I have a helper, she just cannot get it right whenever I leave it to her entirely to cook. She will surely screw up something like putting chopped tomatos and onions (meant for cooking spaghetti sauce) into our pot of herbal soup!

So I've decided that from tomorrow, I will cater food for dinner. I'll try out for one month and see how it goes. According to this caterer, all her dishes are free from MSG. I'll see....

Here are some of the dishes that I whipped up last week:


Fish coated with turmeric powder and pan-fried. My kids lurve this crispy fish!



Chicken cooked ala Hainanese style with big onions and canned peas, seasoned with pepper, salt and Lea & Perrin sauce.


Square fried tofu cooked with minced chicken breast and fresh shiitake mushrooms.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea, cooking is very tiring, and time consuming esp if you helper is going to leave, I think it's best to cater for one meal. Do let us know if the caterer's food can pass your tastebud on the no-MSG part, and hopefully not so saltish. I've tried 3 caterers in PJ and their portions are pathetically small (even for one person) and very saltish, use a lot of black sauce.

Reanaclaire said...

Looks healthy... balanced meal.. about caterers, for first month or so, and that is it. i myself also seldom take after that.. maybe i si yeh..but if it is really home cooked food by own frens, then will be more appetizing... hahaha...

Chris said...

U are a good mum to make 2 hot meals a day for yr family! I don't even try ! Usually a sandwich and salad or (canned)soup for lunch, and then a hot dinner. Even then, I use the BBQ for burgers and hotdogs etc. I can hear ppl say "Waaahh..so heat-y, bad mother", but we use the BBQ abt 3X per week in the summer, and I can't remember when anyone had a sore throat or zits! Am even contemplating getting a better insulated BBQ that I can use thru the winter. My friend did his Xmas turkey in the BBQ...delish!
Another suggestion..make every dinner to last 2 nites, so u end up with less work.
Having food catered is also my dream, and that it will remain. Now, yr hubby is in the food catering business..what is his involvement???

Yannie said...

Your homecooked food simply the best.

Yannie said...

Your homecooked food simply the best.

MeRy said...

I agreed with you..cooking can be tiring and time consuming.That's why I always cook simple dishes for my family....sometimes, I like to cook stew chicken with potatoes+carrot,just dump everything into the pot and add seasonings,let it cook and my kitchen won't be oily too....