Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Exercising In Pre-Dawn Darkness

My early morning jog is very important to me.  No matter how busy and tired I may be, I try to avail myself to  jog round our condo compound where there is lush greenery, after sending Alycia and Sherilyn off for school. I love the peace, serenity and quietness before dawn, where the skies are still dark, the air still crisp, fresh and cooling. When I jog in darkness, where the street lights are the only light breaking through the pre-dawn darkness, I get absolute peace of mind. That is the time I do all my thinking, soul-searching and problem-solving!  However, when the sun breaks through the darkness and I feel the heat from the sun, I no longer have the mood and inspiration to jog anymore. 

I spoke to one avid morning swimmer yesterday who lives in the same block as us.  She is a busy working mum who only has time to exercise in the wee hours of the morning,. She also loves to work out in the pre-dawn darkness but she swims at the pool of our condo... and she has the same sentiments as I do!  I guess most busy working mothers need some quietness and ME time, away from the kids everyday to release all our stress... through exercising!


2 comments:

Yannie said...

Exercise will increase the happy endorphins and help release stress. I love sweating all out in the gym after work.

Charmaine said...

I prefer to exercise in the morning too, when it's quiet. Helps me to prepare for the day ahead. Always difficult to exercise at the end of the day, too tired after work and also hv to help my girls with their homework or there's after school activities.