Our home-cooked dinner a few nights ago...
Grilled chicken drumsticks with curry paste, pan-fried soy sauce prawns and blanched broccoli with oil and salt.
This pan-fried soy sauce prawns is the MIL's specialty. It's pretty easy to cook, provided you don't mind the splish splash of oil everywhere.
Directions for Aromatic Pan-Fried Prawns
1) Heat oil in wok
2) Gently slide the prawns into the wok of hot oil (use kitchen towels to dab dry the prawns to prevent major splash of oil)
3) When prawns turn orangy in color, add some soy sauce and sugar. I used palm sugar syrup.
4) Add some Chinese cooking wine
5) Lastly, throw in some scallions and toss for about 1 minute
6) Plate up
Directions for Grilled Chicken With Curry Paste
1) Marinate chicken with instant curry paste and soy sauce. You can use any part of the chicken you fancy. Keep marinated chicken in ziplock bag and refrigerate for at least half a day. You can freeze the marinated chicken for future use.
2) Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Line oven tray with aluminum foil or baking paper and grease it with some cooking oil. Wrap chicken on greased foil / baking paper. Grill for 20 minutes
3) Unwrap aluminum foil and grill for another 10-15 minutes or until you get a nice glossy golden brown color on the chicken.
4) While chicken is grilling in the oven, heat up non-stick pan with oil. Brown some chopped garlic and onions.
5). Add cubed potatoes and lightly fry for about 5 minutes.
6) Add in the leftover curry sauce used to marinate the chicken into the pan. If you prefer your sauce to be spicier, add more curry paste. Add some water.
7) Remove chicken from oven and transfer onto a nice plate.
8) Pour potato curry sauce over chicken and decorate.
9) Whip up camera, snap pix and quickly share picture via Whatsapp, Instagram or Facebook to boast about your new creation