Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, November 12, 2012

Ice-Cream On Toast

I love mornings on school-going days. Why? That's because I have PEACE at home, absolute silence, save for the sound of jazz music playing in the background. And I can munch of junk food as and when I wish without doing it stealthily in the wet kitchen and getting choked at times *COUGHS*!

See, I can even have ice cream on hot toast, how blissful!  Cold food like ice creams are something that I have been keeping away from my kids as they get cough pretty easily.  So it is during the morning when all 3 rascals are in school that I can freely eat and savor every single bite, yumz!

 
 Love this Freezy vanilla flavor ice-cream on my walnut toast.

1 comment:

Chris said...

That looks incredibly yums! I used to hide potato chips from the kids and ate them stealthily; that was my crack, and still is! Just a note that I have to add...there has been NO scientific research that cold food/ drinks cause coughs/ colds/ pneumonia. I used to mash up pills and put into a tsp of ice-cream to make it more palatable for the kids. Pharmacies here actually make popsicles with meds in them for young kids. I can almost see all the Asian mamas and grannies, my own mum included, panicking! The 1st thing I was given after delivery in the hosp was cold apple jce and ice water. They were delish after being in labour for hours. I also took a shower and washed my hair abt 4 hours after delivering as I felt so yucky. Women out there...u know what I'm talking abt! My mum protested and said I'd have arthritis....so I asked if I avoided the wash, would I be free of arthritis when I age? Of course not! So, that made her quiet.