Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, February 28, 2019

12345 Pork Ribs (Cooked With Philips Pressure Cooker)

You'll probably say that I'm a crazy workaholic if I told you that I sat in front of my desktop PC to rush off 5 posts to be submitted to my online 'boss' and took a freaking 3 hours to finish my box of takeout lunch.   When my online 'boss' gives me 5 or 7 jobs in a day and asks for them within 24 hours, I dutifully honour my promise so that I get paid the next day. In US Dollars 😇

Yesterday I started to eat my lunch at 11 a.m. and only finished it at 2 p.m.  I have this habit of leaving my food on the dining table while I work. I guess I started this habit when I was working as a PA to a super busy Datuk of a large conglomerate.  I had no fixed time to have my lunch and always tapau my lunch and ate while I worked in my room. Thank God I had a room to myself, where I could even take short 10 minutes power naps, especially during my two pregnancies.

I need my Izumio hydrogen water these days to help me pull through each challenging day that ends only at 10 p.m.  I am my own boss, a PA to my hubby and MIL (when she's around), the cook, the driver to 3 ordinary kids who act like they are princess and a slave to my home.

Who says SAHMs and WFHMs have a very relaxed and stress-free life? Whoever says it probably never has to do things that a SAHM and WFHM does.

With such a hectic life, I need efficient kitchen gadgets to make cooking easier and faster for me. Nope I am not talking about the German made TMX. My hubs won't buy me a TMX. Even if he bought one for me, I think it will turn into a white elephant. I prefer my good old stainless steel wok, LC pots, oven and now my Philips Pressure Cooker (PPC)!

With a PPC, I can cook meat dishes in a jiffy and what I like most about the PPC is that the meat comes out tender and juicy and hardly ever tough and dry. The sauce remains and does not evaporate much and it's a wonderful pot to cook red meat.

As yesterday was a busy day for me, I decided to cook something that's fuss-free and fast with my PPC.   It's a recipe that I've never tried before.  I was actually looking at You Tube for a steamed pork ribs with yam recipe and stumbled upon 12345 Pork Ribs recipe. As I have all the ingredients and the cooking instructions look so easy to whip up, I decided to give it a try!

And the result was A. MA. ZING.!  My 12345 Pork Ribs turned out super yummy. So yummy that I only got to taste 2 pieces of ribs as there was not enough to share with everyone, including the fussy king hubby.





This dish tastes like Black Vinegar Pork Trotters and BBQ pork ribs.  Cass commented that the ribs tasted like the RM500 BBQ pork ribs meal that we had for lunch on New Years Day this year at Burnin' Pit @ Mont Kiara 😁

And to think that this dish does not require garlic, onion or ginger and only requires a few ingredients, yet can be so tasty, it's a child's play that even a 10-year old child can whip up under mummy's supervision.

All ready in my PPC, cooked in Chicken Mode, Keep Pressure Time to 20 minutes, manual release valve:


Our yummy dinner of 12345 pork ribs and organic siew pak choy omelette with garlic.




Dinner all ready for Sherilyn when she gets back from Muay Thai class at 8:30 p.m. and the fussy king  hubby at 9:00 p.m. :


I was totally satisfied with the outcome of my 12345 Pork Ribs but dissatisfied that I only had 2 miserable pieces and went to bed with a growling tummy and yearning for more. So this morning,  I went to the supermarket and bought some pork to cook this dish again TODAY!  This time I am using pork shoulder loin and I hope that it will taste just as delish.

As to why this dish is named 12345 Pork Ribs, it's because the measurements for the sauce ingredients goes in the order of 12345 tablespoons.

Ingredients for 4 servings:

2 tablespoons oil for browning the pork ribs (I use Berkcious antibiotic and hormone-free pork)
Pork ribs enough for 4 pax

SEASONING / SAUCE

1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
2 tablespoon black vinegar
3 tablespoon sugar (I used organic brown sugar)
2 tablespoon soy sauce (I used organic shoyu)
2 tablespoon dark soy sauce (2 soy sauce + 2 dark soy sauce = 4)
5 tablespoon filtered water

I only used 2 tablespoons of organic soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of organic dark soy sauce as I prefer my dish to be less salty and less black. It's kids-friendly.

Instructions:
Heat oil in PPC under Bake mode.
Brown ribs and sear until all sides turn golden brown
Add in the Seasoning/Sauce
Turn PPC to Chicken Mode, seal valve, KPT 20 minutes
Manual release vent and valve
Plate up the ribs and skim off any fatty oil from the pork with a fine mesh stainless steel oil sieve
Serve with rice or noodles



No comments: