Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Tuesday, 11 February 2020

I got a scare last night when Alycia came to me and asked me to touch her forehead. She said that her body felt hot and her throat hurt slightly. I checked her temperature and it showed 40C ๐Ÿ˜ฑ With the 2019-nCoV spreading like wild forest fire to 25 countries including ours, I can't discount this as small matter. I told her to skip school tomorrow (today) and sent her to bed early.

At 6 a.m. today  her temperature shot up to 41C. I quickly fixed her a glass of Panadol Soluble and got her to guzzle down a packet of Izumio. After my morning exercise and sending Sherilyn to school, we went to the clinic. I don't normally bring the girls to the clinic at the onset of a fever. I usually self treat them at home. But because of the Coronavirus scare and also Alycia's school requires an official MC (failing which marks will be deducted), I took her to the clinic. She was prescribed with Panadol and some lozenges.

After sending Alycia home, I went to e-Genki for a 1.5 hour massage session, which the hubs has pre-booked for me. He recently signed up for a RM2k+ massage package that comes with 10 sessions of massage.  e-Genki is a fusion form of modern bioelectric meridian therapy and traditional massage. I needed it to fix my aching shoulder blades and frequent stiff neck. My only beef about this massage is I had to strip down to my underwear and donned on only a pair of disposable undie provided by the centre ๐Ÿ˜‚







I will have to monitor Alycia's temperature closely. Her fever is under control though she's only taken one dosage of Panadol Soluble. I think 'll keep her home for another day. Her teachers and classmates won't be too happy to see her in school if she went back to school tomorrow with a slight temperature.


6 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

Hi Shireen, just read your blog.. How is Alycia now? I hope she has recovered! It's probably Influenza A. My girl got it in Dec and her temp shot up to 40+ as well plus sore throat. Take care and God bless!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hi Sarah
Alycia went back to school yesterday (Saturday). She now has a slight runny nose and cough. She wears a face mask whenever she's out of the house. I checked the symptoms of Influenza A & B and I don't think Alycia had it. I think Alycia's case is just a simple flu (Influenza C I think). Cass had Influenza A last year and I self treated her at home. Did you bring yr girl to the dr last Dec?

Sarah Lee said...

Good to know Alycia is better! Yes flus can be nasty. I brought my girl to see the pediatrician where a throat swab was done and it was then confirmed that she had Flu A (not H1N1). She was prescribed suppository for high fevers, paracetamol, anti histamine and Tamiflu. How did you self treat Cass at home when she had the Flu A? I prefer natural methods also whenever I can but I had to give the suppository as the fever was so high. Tamiflu also has nasty side effects.

Health Freak Mommy said...

For Cass, I gave her a total of 2 or 3 suppositories to bring down the high fever. Then gave her lots of Izumio hydrogen water, Super Lutein, honey with propolis, Esberitox, coconut water, massaged essential oils on her spine & feet and told her to shower several times a day. She slept next to me at night and I sponged her body throughout the night. As Cass had history of kidney reflux and a dilated kidney, I try not to pump in too much drugs into her body.

Sarah Lee said...

I see.. I also self treat my kid but if she really feels too unwell I bring her to see the pediatrician (last resort). I also massage essential oil on her spine. Too many bugs all over and the girl hasn't the best of immunity. Yes too much drugs are no good and I try not to give drugs unless necessary..I like natural remedies but some times they don't work as fast.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Yes if my kids are too sick, I'll bring them to the doctor too for fast relief, esp. for Cass whenever she has a serious UTI attack with fever.