Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Jelly Mooncakes

My hubs' friend gave him a box of jelly mooncakes last week. I think they look really attractive but taste wise, I would rate it 5/10.

Clockwise from top : yam paste filled jelly mooncake, red bean paste filled jelly mooncake, red bean paste and 'chendol' jelly mooncake and lychee jelly mooncake (this tastes the best of the 4)





Macro shot of the jelly mooncakes:


I still prefer the traditional mooncakes over modern ones with fanciful flavors like tiramisu, coffee, red dragon fruit, strawberry and all that jazz. I prefer those made with low sugar, minus the duck's egg yolk and especially like the 5 nuts mooncakes. What's your favorite mooncake?

5 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

the other day my fren gave me the jelly mooncakes, i like them.. not as colorful as yours.. hers is more plain but inside fillings were great..
the traditional ones..too sweet, now have to be health conscious :p

coffeesncookies said...

i prefer traditional lotus paste mooncakes... better still if they are handmade. I'm not impressed with those machine made ones, I don't think they taste as good as traditional ones.

MeRy said...

The mooncakes looks nice.....lot of flavours.
I like to eat snowskin mooncake and jelly mooncake.
For tradiitonal type I also like,but can't eat too much..too heaty for me.

Yannie said...

Your jelly moon cakes looked nice. I started to like jelly moon cakes now. As it wasn't that filling. I like peng bei moon cake with egg york one.

chanelwong said...

the jelly one looks sooo colourful n nice...

I don't really eat much mooncake..but i still prefer the traditional one... but with much much less less sugar....