Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Get The Right Shoes For Your Kids

When Alycia was younger and was my only child, being a first-time mum, I was quite clueless when it came to buying the right shoes for her. She started to walk at 10 months old and could walk quite stably at 12 months old. But she used to trip quite a bit when she walked and I thought she was plain clumsy. Some kids are just pretty clumsy and tend to trip / fall a lot. Later, I found out that it was the sandals that made her trip all the time. After I got her a sturdier pair of baby shoes with anti-slip soles, she stopped tripping.

Getting your child a good pair of shoes is very important so that he/she will feel comfortable in them and will not trip easily. Did you know that babies’ feet don’t have bones and are just soft cartilage which can easily be pushed out of shape by badly fitting shoes? Even socks that are too tight can damage their feet at this crucial stage.

Getting your child an ill-fitting pair of shoes can also risk your child’s feet from being severely hurt. I am sure you had heard and read about some kids’ feet being caught in a moving escalator when they wore this particular popular brand of plastic shoes.

Shoes are one of the things that I find very hard to get for my 2 older girls now. When they were younger, I could easily shop for nice and affordable shoes from shoe shops and shopping malls. I find that shoes for girls aged 5 years and above are very limited in choices and they are very costly too. That’s why I have resorted to buying my girls’ shoes from online stores. One very cool online store for baby shoes and kids shoes is startriteshoes.com. They have a wide selection of shoes for babies and children from shoes for pre-walkers to shoes for toddlers, school shoes, non-school shoes, English classic shoes, boots and many more.

There are even handy tips on how to care for your kids’ feet and shoes at startriteshoes.com. If you have a toddler at home, you really have to check out this video here.

'

No comments: