Friday, August 5, 2011
Every Minute Counts
Ever since my hubby’s friend got electrocuted and almost died when he touched a lamp post with his sweaty hands, I have always been reminding my girls never ever to touch any lamp post whenever they come across one in the park or roadside. The accident happened in the basketball court in a park. After a game of basketball, that guy with sweaty hands held on to a lamp post and that act caused his body to be flung backwards by the passing electricity. Thank goodness the hospital was near the park and he was rushed there by his friend. No air ambulance service was required. In cases of accidents, every minute counts. If no prompt treatment is given, a life will be gone within minutes.