Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, September 30, 2011

Book Worms

Check out my 2 book worms poring over their favorite books over breakfast on a Saturday. They used to have their butts glued to the couch in front of the TV during breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays but I told myself that this had to stop. Now, I can't even stop Alycia from reading at the dining table, a habit which she has picked up from me. I always read when I am at the dining table. I have always been reading when I have my meals, so that no precious time is wasted. Do you allow your kids to read at the dining table? I know some parents find this irritating though.

6 comments:

Eva's said...

Me too I will read during meals cos that's the only time I able to sit down properly :)

Inspired Momx1 said...

My boy has to finish eating his breakfast before he can grab a book to read while enjoying his cuppa Milo at the dining table. Otherwise, it'll take him forever to finish his meal as his hands and eyes are all glued to the book. And he'll make sure he has a book in his hands while sitting on the throne. Hahaha..

chanelwong said...

I like this because I was like that, read at everywhere when I was young...... my boy is not a bookworm....

chanelwong said...

I like this because I was like that, read at everywhere when I was young...... my boy is not a bookworm....

mommy to chumsy said...

I wish mine is a bookworm. I definitely do not mind if she reads all over the place, as long as she loves reading this much :)

Linda said...

Multitasking mum do not have a priviledge to only do one thing at a time. They need to fully utilize their ability and time.... And yes... I do read when i eat.... Hehe... But it will take forever for my no.1 to finish her meal if I allowed her to do other thing while eating.....