Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Vitagen Ice Lollies

Good quality ice creams like Haagen Dazs, New Zealand Ice Cream and Baskin Robins are very costly. My hubs like to buy these ice creams and I think it's such a waste of money to splurge on branded ice creams. I will never buy them for sure for I am an el cheapo! My girls love ice creams and so does everyone else in the family. Since I don't know how to make ice creams and don't have the time, I made the easier and faster version - ice lollies... with Vitagen, Ribena, yoghurt drinks, red bean tong sui and freshly squeezed orange juice. They are a hit with my girls and cost way cheaper than expensive branded ice creams.


Ice-lolly moulds from 100 Yen Shop costing RM4.90 and 4 bottles of Vitagen... total cost is less than RM10... cheap and nice!!



And my girls love them just as much as the 5-star ice-creams. So why not? Make my own el cheapo ice-lollies LOL!!

6 comments:

LittleLamb said...

Love it. Will make some for P.

Ann said...

I make this for my son too. Healthier and cheaper. Agreed.

Yannie said...

A very good idea to get them taking in more fluid. Love the idea. Thanks.

Unknown said...

I must get that ice cream mold. BTW, I just bought the Sept issue of RASA magazine and they had ideas on how to make ice cream - you know the ones in the long plastic packet? They used to sell those for 10 cents. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Lian, I know what you were referring to. I grew up eating those 10sen el cheapo ice creams in plastic bags from the school canteen :D

Chris said...

Yes, definitely a healthier and cheaper treat! I used to mix a bit of cheap vanilla ice-cream with red bean soup and freeze..smooth and yummy. I have used coconut milk with red beans and it is good too. Not so much for the little ones, but Msian coffee with just sugar makes excellent popsicles for adults! If u can get the small cups of yogurt, freeze them with a stick inserted and viola, healthy cold treat!