Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Our Lunch and Dinner Today - 15 Jan 2013

That's our lunch today. Well, dinner as well since today will be a busy day for me. It's stock checking day and sending out of parcels day for me today and tomorrow, so I gotta whip up something easy which the kids can eat for lunch and dinner.

Noodles with stir-fried minced pork and dried mushrooms sauce, with blanched cauliflowers and spring onions. I hope my rice pot Alycia will not sulk at not being able to have rice for dinner tonight. If she does, I'll just reheat the rice stored in the freezer (I have containers of cooked rice in the freezer to cater for my rice pot lol!) to satiate this fan thoong.


What are you going to have for lunch and dinner today?

7 comments:

Yannie said...

It looks great to me. You can always whip up nice and yummy.

Granny Stella Wong Yeow said...

I had 'beehoon' in homemade Western pumpkin soup with added vegetables and quail's eggs...

Unknown said...

Had a glorious lunch at Ishin Jap restaurant today (near your place) but for dinner, still thinking...

Merryn said...

We had noodles and noodles too :)

MeRy said...

Great lunch and dinner..

Chris said...

Mine was homemade kimchi with steamed chicken and Chinese chive sauce (guangxi chicken??) which I have become addicted to. Not sure if this post or somehere else...u had concerns re: frying up garlic. I do mine in the micro...works great. Just remember to take it out before it gets to the browness u want as it will continue to cook when u remove it from the micro. If that happens, just add room temp oil to it to stop the progress. I also have a bottle of minced garlic in the fridge that I use when needed. Freezes well too as I'd "process" a pound of garlic when I have the time. My friend has a chunk of peeled ginger she keeps wrapped in foil in the freezer. When needed she takes it out and scrapes whatever she needs with a spoon.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Chris, tks for the great tip!