Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Wednesday, 22 May 2019

I was feeling bone-idle and didn't feel like lifting my finger in the kitchen on a public holiday today.  I just didn't feel like leaving my super comfy portable Osim massage chair while I worked on the computer.  I'm not a kitchen person to begin with but thanks to my middle child who loves cooking and baking and who gets better each time with her culinary skill, I can now order what I want to eat from her!  I pay and buy the ingredients and she'll take care of the rest 😆

Today Sherilyn grilled beets and vegetables for lunch. 



The boiled organic beets were seasoned with rosemary, salt, olive oil and Balsamic vinegar and grilled with garlic at 170C for almost an hour. Super yummy and healthy, these grilled beets can be really addictive. 

Sherilyn pureed some of the grilled beets with garlic, walnut and the juice from the boiled beets in our Blendtec blender to go with pasta. She made this for her school lunch box for tomorrow. Her mid-year exam is still on-going and only ends this Friday.



Also baked some organic pumpkin seeds for snacks. In our home, there are plenty of nuts, beans and seeds, fruits, sugar-free yogurt and frozen yogurt as snacks. When I don't buy flavored yogurt, the girls have now learned to enjoy sugar-free skinny yogurt topped with nuts and seeds 😁


Throwback bake ~ Sherilyn baked some healthy oats muffins with blueberry, pecan and chocolate chips two weeks ago. The muffins are butter-free (replaced with peanut oil) and lightly sweetened with organic Javanese coconut sugar.





No comments: