Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Pesticide-Free Sweet Potatoes

Last week I chanced upon some super slim and short pesticide-free sweet potatoes at the night market.  These purple and orange sweet potatoes are farmed by Orang Asli in Pahang and according to the organic vegetables seller, they are pesticide-free.  The skin can be eaten and the flesh has no thread-like veins.

Some of the purple sweet potatoes are about the size of my fingers. Never have I seen such slim sweet potatoes in my life!



Just like human fingers, some of the purple sweet potatoes are fat and stumpy while some are slim and long.




We had them steamed ~ the flesh is soft, smooth and free from thread-like veins/fibers.



These sweet potatoes are sold at RM12 for 3 packets.  These tubers are one of the best I've tasted. They'll taste even better when roasted.


No comments: