Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Productive Morning

This morning has been a pretty productive morning for me, outside the house.  I managed to settle some banking issues that I had been procrastinating for over 7 years since my Southern Bank and Renong Group days!  In fact, had I not receive a letter from the bank to advice me to claim my money asap before the money goes to the Unclaimed Monies in BNM, I would have procrastinated to heavens know when!  This is one of my weaknesses - I tend to do things that I like to do but important things like this which involves so much money, I will just push it aside until some punitive action / warning is taken. Oh well, that's just me.  Anyway, I am glad that I managed to close my current account at this bank located in the busiest part of KL -- that's the main reason why I kept procrastinating going to the bank as I hate to be in this part of the city, albeit I had worked in that area for almost a decade.  Then, with the cheque that this bank had issued me, I went back to my neighborhood bank to deposit into a Fixed Deposit account.  At the same time, I withdrew some USD (converted into RM) via Western Union issued to me by Google Inc. and dumped it into the FD as well.  All these $$ would go towards funding the 3 girls' tertiary education in years to come.  While waiting at the 2 banks, I managed to get some work done on my Samsung Galaxy Note.     Next, I went to the organic shop to get organic soy bean powder for Cass and organic almond powder for moi.  And then went to pack lunch and picked up Cass.  Very happy now that I had finally settled this matter that I had pushed to the back-burner for so many years, though I had to pay a penalty and a service fee to the bank.



This Lilo thumb drive adds to my latest collection of thumb drives. The hubs got it for me, cute eh?



10 comments:

Yannie said...

Cute. I know how satisfied you will be to get things done.

Leen said...

I thought of buying the note. Just wondering is it nice to use? Can fit in pocket or not XD .. I like big screen but at the safe time I prefer keeping my stuff in the pocket .. scared kena ragut if bag

Health Freak Mommy said...

Jazlyn, I love SGN as the screen is really wide. But putting it into the pocket is just too bulky and heavy -- lagi obvious and draws unnecessary attention. If put in your handbag, just make sure that you hold your bag tightly :)

Ben and Shaun said...

I know what you mean by being lazy to go to town to do banking. I previously worked in a bank in the busiest part of town and i am just so lazy to do banking there. I have accounts to settle too, but have been waiting with lame excuses.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Joanne, oh you better go soon, else the bank will send you a similar letter soon :S

carenlyn said...

The name of the character of your thumb drive is actually Stitch. Lilo is the little girl who adopted Stitch as her pet.

carenlyn said...

The name of your thumb drive character is Stitch. Lilo is the girl who adopted Stitch as her pet.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Carenlyn, thanks! Haha, actually I have never watched this cartoon. It's my girls who watched it and I just know that this little blue thing is from that cartoon :D

Merryn said...

Hah! So nice! How I wish I have money squatting in my bank account that I can happily draw out one of these days -.-

mommy to chumsy said...

what? so much money and you waited for so long? tsk tsk tsk...hahahhhaha