Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Qing Ming 2016 (3 April 2016)

After a hot morning performing Qing Ming rites, we left Ipoh for KL at about 1:45pm.

Traffic was not smooth unlike yesterday but tolerable.  There were many vehicles traveling back to the South, nonetheless they were not at snail's pace. We reached KL at around 4ish pm, which was slightly longer than usual.

Good thing there's a TV in the car - the girls and I enjoyed a nice movie - Daddy's Home. By the time the movie was over, we were almost reaching KL.

Image may contain: 1 person



This trip has been really 'fruitful' for the foodie hubs as he  killed a few birds with one stone.  Besides paying respect to his departed loved ones, he managed to tuck into all his favorite famous Ipoh hawkers fare.


From Hakka noodles, pork balls, fish balls and stuffed 'liu' (pic below)...

Image may contain: food


To mouth-watering curry noodles.  The picture of this bowl of curry noodles is already making my tummy growl now!

Image may contain: food and indoor


He also sweated it out at the ever-crowded world-famous Kong Heng coffee shop in old town and dug into his favorite 'ngar choi kai see hor fun' (bean sprouts shredded chicken flat noodles), chee cheong fun, char koay teow and God knows what else. I was hibernating at home with the air-conditioner turned on and 2 fans blowing at me. The El-Nino heat has been really unbearable and I just did not feel like leaving the house.  I gave him an order of my yum list and he bought them all for me :D

The hubs surprised me with my favorite fresh cempedak swiss roll (not in my order list), which was yummy to the max!

Image may contain: food


We had an early dinner at 5pm of all the famous Ipoh hawkers food, which the hubs ta-pau back to KL.

Everyone, including the hubs conked out by 9pm but I am still enjoying my much missed quiet time at the computer now.  Thank God it's a school-declared holiday for the girls tomorrow, yippee!!



No comments: