Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Our Sunday, 25 November 2018

Today I woke up without feeling the nagging pressure on my lower abdomen and the urge to pee every 10-15 minutes. Today is the 4th day since I had a UTI attack, which is my first in over 25 years.  I am SO thankful and glad that I trusted my guts feelings NOT to go to the hospital to get antibiotics for a fast relief (but with a nasty aftermath) for the horrible and painful UTI attack.

Today I feel 99.9% as right as rain. Praise the Lord!
🙏

Since I was feeling good, I brought Cass to church for Sunday School.  The two older girls have no more Youth Sunday School for the rest of this year.  After church, we went to Mid Valley Megamall for lunch.

Almost every restaurant was packed to the brim with long waiting queues. We waited for over 15 minutes for a table at Din Tai Fung, which wasn't as bad as I thought would be. I was famished by the time the food came. I lost my appetite on the day I had UTI and today I finally got back my appetite. So happy!



Every dish tasted superb to me today. I was hungry the entire day. I have not had a proper meal for 3 days and was only surviving on vegetables, sweet potatoes, pomeloes, apples, avocados, bananas and very little meat. My tummy was bloated with liquid ~ Izumio, barley water, coconut water, Ural and D-Mannose + water. The only way to remove the bad bacteria from my body is through pee. Thus, I had to drink like a fish and camp on the toilet seat the whole day.



Dessert after lunch was X'mas candy cane for the girls. Cass got them from her Sunday School teacher. I don't always allow the girls to eat candies. But since candy canes are only available once a year, I gave them a rare treat ~ a few licks only of the candy cane. They hardly have the chance to finish an entire candy. Candies are still junk food. Empty calories with sugar and food additives.  Fans of candies, my sincere apologies if I rained on your parade.  I am not going to list down the ingredients of candies ok.
 😬 

I remember Alycia pestered me for days to get her some candy canes when we were in New Zealand exactly 4 years ago. I stuck to my guns and didn't get her any. Her doting aunt got her some 😁

After lunch, the mil went shopping with Alycia and Sherilyn. They only got home at 7pm.  The hubs, Cass and I didn't want to shop. So what's there to do with the foodie hubs?  What else?



Dessert of cakes at Alexis. The hubs ordered a Banoffee pie and a Tiramisu.  Alexis sells the best Tiramisu in the world.  I would have chomped down the entire Tiramisu myself if not for the UTI. I am on a low-sugar and low-acidic foods diet to starve the bacteria. Sugar and meat are both on the stay-off list as these are acidifying foods which E.Coli thrive on. The key is to create an alkaline environment in my body and the bad bacteria won't survive.

The Christmas deco at the Gardens Mall this year is beautiful; too beautiful not to capture some photos to store in my Google Photos album.  I love browsing at old photos during my free time. But Cass has been extremely resistant of me taking her pix lately. She's just extremely difficult to deal with the past one year. She's got mood swings. Dang the pre-teen hormones. It was only through a 'deal' with her that she agreed to these photos being taken. Can you beat it? Can you?

🙄 








Check out that sour face!!

CUT.......!  Daddy was not pleased with that face and we made her smile and take many, many more pix!

🙄

I had to force her to smile for the camera, SEE!
 


Just can't stand this girl of mine. What happened to my cutest, most smiley and most cooperative baby girl who used to model for my online store? I feel like I've lost my chummiest closest sidekick 😭





No comments: