Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, June 10, 2024

Colorful & Healthy Meals

The girls and I love colors in our food, natural colors of course. I like buying colorful fruits and veggies and the girls were trained from their baby days to eat healthy, with lots of fruits and veggies. I never had difficulty coercing the girls to eat fruits and veggies. 

Eating colorful meals is beneficial for good health due to the variety of nutrients provided by different colored fruits and vegetables. Each color typically represents various type of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that contribute to overall well-being. 


Lunner for Cass ~ air-fried salmon with air-fried shimeji mushrooms, blanched broccoli and cauliflower, Mediterranean chicken stew, raw greens and fruits of avocado, jumbo golden kiwi and purple grapes.  Cass and I eat half an avocado every day.


Delicious air-fried salmon and shimeji mushrooms, seasoned with herbs and spices.


Chilled lemon juice.


Cass is a fruit and veggie lover and can chomp down a lot every single day.

My healthy bowl - salad with Mexican chicken stew.



This is how I like to eat capsicum - with cream cheese.


Homemade Mexican tortilla made with whatever ingredients there were in the fridge - frozen capati, guacamole, air-fried chicken chop, and sauteed capsicum with shimeji mushrooms and big onions. The two serving plates on the right are from Le Creuset. They're cute, eh?


My chia seed pudding with coconut cream and Gula Melaka syrup. It tastes exactly like Sago Pudding but it's healthier as chia seeds are packed with minerals, omega-3 fat, and antioxidants, including tocopherols, phytosterols, carotenoids, and polyphenolic compounds. And it's so much easier to prep - just soak the chia seeds in water in a glass bottle overnight in the fridge, add coconut milk/cream (I used packet ones) and Gula Melaka (I use bottled ones).


Sherilyn cooked this very yummy pumpkin + minced pork porridge using the Philips pressure cooker. She first sauteed the minced pork with lots of garlic and onions before adding the rice and pumpkin to cook the porridge. I love this porridge. My comfort food, always.



No comments: