Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, November 30, 2007

Miss Pukey Caused A Big Mess

After putting Alycia and Sherilyn to sleep last night, I went downstairs to my computer to have some work done. About half an hour later at around 12:15am, I heard a baby crying but I thought it's my backdoor neighbor's baby crying. The cry certainly did not sound like Sherilyn's cries so I just ignored it but after 10 minutes of incessant crying, I paid more attention to the cries and suddenly, the cries sounded more like Sherilyn's.

I quickly rushed upstairs to the gals' room and saw Sherilyn crying very pathetically with her eyes closed and I think she has had a bad dream. I quickly comforted her and I knew I was in for trouble when she started to cough. At lighting speed, I carried her away from the bed and put her in an upright position as I knew she would surely puke. Seconds later, as expected, the volcano erupted and spewed out stinky semi digested food taken 5 hours earlier and her curdled milk. I was covered in her stinky vomit, so was the floor and the bedding. I quickly shouted to hubby who just came back and he dashed upstairs to my rescue. Hubby then woke our maid up and we spent almost half an hour cleaning up the mess. Whilst hubby showered Sherilyn, I quickly washed off the stinky puke on my arms and legs. I then helped my maid clean up the room and fixed another bottle of milk for Sherilyn. After cleaning up the mess, the odor of vomit in the room was still very strong and I transferred the gals to sleep in our room. I lit up the Lamp Berger to get rid of the vomit stink. Just as I was about to plonk myself onto bed, I still smelled vomit on my arms and legs and for the 4th time, I scrubbed my arms and legs clean with copious amounts of body shampoo. I only managed to go to bed after 1am. What a horrible night I have had. Aargh.... the throes of motherhood and toddlerhood are really no fun!

9 comments:

Ms One Boobie said...

Bummer..! hope Sherilyn is feeling much better now.

Unknown said...

is she getting better now ??? better let her to eat soft food like porridge instead of rice...

Mommy to Chumsy said...

poor sher and poor mommy too :( i also dislike the smell of vomit. worse is that it's so hard to get rid of the stain on the floor too. do you notice that?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Barb... oh yes, even with Dettol spray, the odor is still there, really yucky!

凯妈 said...

huh..hope she is getting better now. if you know she will vomit, just spare a small bucket and let her vomit inside. i always stand by a small bucket, coz I also hate the cleaning and the smell of vomit.

Unknown said...

Usually if a child cry like that they feel uncomfortable.Not digesting well.This always happen to me when my daughters were little.:)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Vivian... tks 4 d suggestion. Yup, i think a small bucket is better than plastic bags. Will buy one soon!

Sweetiepie...i thought she was having a bad dream. Last night she cried again but thankfully she didn't puke this time, phew!

Chinneeq said...

it happens to qiqi very frequently too, for instant this morning whenever she is excited about outings. i normally catch her vomit with her potty. Can't stand LB smell these days :(

MamaJo said...

Wow, you really superb hygiene mommy ler...