Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Teach Your Baby To Read

Last week, I dug out some VCDs on 'Your Baby Can Read' by Prof Dr Robert Titzer, which I bought for Sherilyn when she was around 1 year old. Sherilyn was very interested in the VCDs when she was younger and I would put on the VCD during dinner every single day, coz that's the only time my 2 rascals would sit still and watch the VCD. I completed the 5 series in half a year and after that, both Alycia and Sherilyn lost interest in the VCDs. But Sherilyn could recognize a few words during the time when I showed her the VCDs. I remember she would nod her head when she saw the word 'yes' or shook her head when she saw the word 'no'.

I placed Baby C on the mattress and her eyes were fixated at the TV. Sherilyn also joined in and it was like a refresher course for her.

See how intent Sher and Baby C were watching the VCD. Hopefully they will be able to recognize some words upon completion of watching the entire series.

This is the Starter Video and I am showing it to Baby C now.


The entire series of 'Your Baby Can Read' VCDs.

2 comments:

Bits said...

This in indeed a good start!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

wow..no wonder your girls are so smart eh? :D