Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, August 29, 2009

What We Have Been Up To

We are now back in Ipoh at my parents'. We were on the road for almost the entire afternoon yesterday. The hubs, a foodie, drove round Penang to get the 'bestest' Penang food - to Lorong Selamat to get a few packets of 'kar liu' (extra ingredients) char koay teow, to Air Itam to get a few packets of assam laksa, to Macalister Street to get the famous yam cake with dried shrimp floss, to Jalan Burmah to get a few boxes of Him Heang tambun biscuits and I got to gorge on my favorite sweet corn-banana-coconut apam from the man who sold them on his tricycle cart at Jalan Burmah.

After we checked out from the hotel, we took the gals on a ferry ride to cross over from Penang to Butterworth. It was their first ever ride on a ferry and boat. Then we stopped at the Auto City @ Juru and had a very late lunch at around 3pm. After lunch, we drove to St. Anne's Church at Bukit Mertajam again. This time, it was to offer thanks to St. Anne. 3 months ago when Baby was just discharged from the hospital after undergoing 2 major surgeries, we were there to seek help from St. Anne for Baby to be healed from kidney reflux. This time, we were there to offer thanks as Baby has been confirmed free from kidney reflux after the MCUG scan on Thursday! Praise the Lord!

We reached Ipoh at 6:30pm and after settling down, we reheated all the food that we had packed from Penang and had a very satisfying dinner of good old Penang hawkers' food at the comforts of our own home, minus the sweat, dust, fumes and stench from the drains and bustling roads.

The hubs has now gone out to town to pack a long list of Ipoh hawkers' food for his mum and relatives back in KL. There's going to be another binging session today! Thank God I haven't gained a pound though I've been gorging on quite a bit of carbs for the past few days and have not got the time to exercise for 2 days. I finally managed to run for 35 minutes today and I better work-out longer tomorrow to run away the calories that I've piled up.

4 comments:

Yannie said...

I really envy you, can eat so much and won't gain weight. I feel myself is so easy to gain weight.

Charmaine said...

Wah, so shiok.. Shireen, I really don't think you can put on an ounce of weight even if you binge every day.:)

MeRy said...

Shiok.......having a short holiday.

Chris said...

All that yummy food from Pg..making me homesick! Looking fwd to my trip back next summer and nonstop eating!!!