Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How Do You Wash Your Kitchen Towels?

This is how my mil prefers the kitchen towels and any cloth used to wipe our bowls, plates, etc to be washed:



She boils them in a pot of soap water with bleach to kill all the germs 100%!

I don't think I will have the time to do this when my helper leaves soon. I'll just dump everything into the washing machine haha!

How do you wash your kitchen towels?

9 comments:

Yannie said...

To be very frank here, I will use until the clothes have torn, then throw into the dustbin.

BoeyJoey said...

i soak them in hot water and soap. wash out the dirt and suds, rinse and dry!

Charmaine said...

I wash them in the hot water setting (temp at 60C) in the washing machine.

coffeesncookies said...

I'll handwash them w soap then dump in w my laundry to washing machine. those wipe dry towels, i don't prewash. just dump with my laundry as well . terrible or not ? couldn't b bothered. no maid la...

Chris said...

That's a bit of an overkill unless there is someone in the hse who is immunocompromised. I throw mine in the washing machine with the rest of the laundry. The cat bedding and other rugs I wash separately.

Unknown said...

The towel I use for wiping tables, I will put some dishwashing soap and pour on some hot water, then scrub it. The towels for wiping dry dishes, just throw into the washing machine.

mott said...

As usual..I rely on good ol' dettol. Just presoak them with a capful of dettol..and throw it in the washing machine! :D I'm so lazy..

Linda said...

same... toss them in the washing machine.. haha...
but I saw my mum boiled kitchen towel too (very rarely).. it can really get rid of the black dirt.

claire said...

yes, my mum did that too those days.. nowadays??? no la.. just soak in tub and wash.. :)