Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Of Alycia And Her Progress In School

Lately, Alycia hasn't been getting enough sleep. When my mil is around, she will ensure that the 2 older girls hit the sack by 9-9:30pm. She helps me to 'force' them to bed by the stipulated curfew hour. Now that she's away in Hong Kong for a few months, the girls are like rats when the big cat is away LOL! I force them to go to bed by the curfew hour too but when I am busy with Baby, they tend to take advantage of the situation and stay up late, sometimes only going to bed at 10-10:30pm. Consequently, Alycia feels sleepy during the day. She can even fall asleep while having her lunch, in her school uniform!



On another note, yesterday we went to Alycia's school to collect her report card. I did not expect to see the kind of results in her report card. It was beyond my expectation. She did very well! Her position was among the top 10 in her class of 32 students and she scored As in all her subjects except for Pendidikan Seni and BM Lisan which she scored B. She got 99% for her BM paper. The 1% deduction was from a careless mistake - she left out the letter 'h' in the word 'tujuh'. I did not expect outstanding results from her as I must admit I did not do much revision with her. The most I did was 1-2 hours of quick revision with her on the eve of her exam. The teachers had favourable comments on her. I am so very proud of my precious baby!

7 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

her efforts paid off.. see how exhausted she is.. poor girl!! :)

Inspired Momx1 said...

Congrats! Alycia did well despite mommy not doing much revision with her. As for my boy, I have to make sure he does his revision regularly to keep him on track.;)

His report card day is this coming Wednesday. He said his class teacher told him he is in the 4th position in class and we'll see.

ChloeRuoyi said...

Well done, Alycia! She's a very bright girl indeed, for being able to excel with minimal coaching at home :)

Yannie said...

You deserve to be proud. Alycia is really good.

Mamapumpkin said...

Well done, Alycia!!!

Bits said...

Congrats Alycia! Well done!

coffeesncookies said...

Well done ALycia ! I was told sometimes kids can manage better when left on their own but they do need time to adjust. When we parents choose to work along w them, check their homework everyday, etc, the kid will be reliant on us. I don't think i hv the time to chk on Amber's work too..