Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

English For 5-Year Olds

I was doing revision with Sherilyn last week to prepare her for her exam and when I came to the Collective Nouns for animals, I was amazed to note that the 5-year olds in her pre school are taught these:






I am sure some of us don't even know the collective noun for goose, horse and whales eh? And I am amazed that my rascal could remember all the collective nouns here.

Yesterday I collected Sher's report card from pre-school. She scored 90% and above for all her papers. I am very proud of her. I hope she will continue to produce As for her papers next year, which will be her last year in kindy. But I'm worried how she will cope in a Chinese primary school given her dilly dally attitude. I hope she'll change.

8 comments:

Elaine said...

It's good that they at least learn this in Preschool...Primary School English's standard really sucks...so simple , I think is more for toddler level.

Leona said...

Yep... you are right. I don;t know some of those too!

MeRy said...

Good job.

slavemom said...

Well done, Sher! Yeah, Eng at kindy level is definitely higher than Std 1 and 2 (based on wat I c in my girl's text book).

mommy to chumsy said...

wow, the school is really good. i like what they are teaching there. Ashley's school pales in comparison :)

Little Kit Boy said...

Well done Sher and keep it up.

Ya...nowadays even kindy standard is very high as compared to our time.

Yannie said...

3Q MRC is good in this way. Quite high standard in teaching material and method too.

Chris said...

Wow, not easy! I doubt many adults know the answers!