Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Our Saturday And Damn It, It's NO Plastic Bag Day!!

After dropping Sherilyn off at the ballet school just now, I went to Guardian Pharmacy to grab some toiletries. While I shopped at Guardian, daddy took Alycia to the nearby 100 Yen Shop to get a bowl of Snow Ice. After happily choosing my toiletries, I brought them to the cashier and wanted to pay. The cashier looked at me and said "today no plastic bag ah".... Oh sh*t, I then recalled that effective this year, most of the shopping malls, big pharmacies and some mini marts will also follow the 'no plastic bag' ruling. I didn't want to spend a few ringgit to get a green bag from Guardian. I rummaged through my shoulder bag and thank God, I managed to find a small plastic bag, phew!


Alycia and Baby enjoying strawberry Snow Ice...


All stuffed into one small plastic bag, luckily the bag didn't give way, else I would have to pick up all my stuff from the road!


When I reached home, I quickly put a lightweight and foldable green bag into my bag, just in case I am caught in a similar situation again in future!

4 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

hey i thought you can still get one if you pay 20cents. no?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Barb, nope the cashier didn't tell me that I can pay 20sen for the plastic bag :S

MeRy said...

Lucky you have one plastic bag in your handbag..at my place here,need to pay xtra 20 sen for plastic bag.

Ann said...

Ya...now I have those bags in almost every bag and in all our cars! hahaha...

But yeah....still can pay 20sen for a plastic bag.