Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, January 17, 2011

Tak Fok Hong Kong Restaurant @ Palm Square Jaya One, PJ

On the eve of New Year's Eve was hubs' birthday. We had dinner to celebrate his birthday at Tak Fok Restaurant @ Palm Square, Jaya One PJ. This restaurant specializes in crab dishes and one can order crab dishes cooked in a whole new range of delish ways. The chief chef and owner is a Hong Kie, that's why the dishes here have a distinct taste of Hong Kong cuisine.

We had these mouth watering dishes:

Homemade Foo Zhou bean curd. I love the smoothness of the tofu, which is drenched with hot oil and has generous topping of minced meat and preserved vegetables... This dish will surely drive you to chomp down bowls of rice!




Lala cooked in superior soup with cili padi. I find the soup too spicy from the cili padi..


Baked crabs....


Steamed fish. Baby loves fish and we always order a fish dish when we eat out....


Roast pork ribs...


Crabs cooked in lai yau, which I find too creamy. I still prefer crabs cooked in sweet and sour sauce or with salted eggs...


Braised pork belly with yam...


Sharks' fins soup for the birthday boy who is a great fan of sharks' fins...


My dad suggested longevity noodles for the birthday boy and so we had this noodle dish which was very tasty...

Tak Fok Restaurant also has a branch at Desa Aman Puri, Kepong. We will surely patronize this restaurant again to try their crabs cooked in other styles.

3 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

The food looked so good that I wish I was invited too! hahaah.. that shows how "wai sik" i m!

Yannie said...

I remember I read how you celebrated your husband's birthday last year. All the food are special and looked delicious.

Ann said...

Was it expensive? the food really looks very good.