Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, August 31, 2012

Women’s Vitamins

My very first online purchase was made about 10 years ago, out of desperate means of trying to conceive and battling with severe hormonal imbalance. I had ordered some women’s vitamins from the internet after reading about how effective it was to restore my wacky hormones. After popping the first bottle, I saw some positive results. Instead of getting menses about once every 4-5 months, I was getting my menses almost every month. I ordered a few more bottles of women’s vitamins to pop and also tried Vitamin ACE to rid the sudden acne which erupted on my face, especially on the chin. While the vitamins helped to prevent the symptoms of the problems that plagued me, the root of the problem was still not discovered and treated. And my weight was eerily creeping up though I was on diet. I suspected something was seriously wrong inside me.

Towards the end of 2001, I made my first visit to a gynae, who performed an ultrasound scan of my ovaries. The diagnosis blew me away when the doctor told me that I was suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and this was the reason why I only had menses about 3-4 times a year, had those big acne on my chin, was gaining weight for no reason and most critically, could not get pregnant. For those of you who are regular readers of my blogs, you would have read the sequence of events leading from that visit to this gynae, that changed my life.

No comments: